Klimis Law may need to process personal data on the following legal bases:
- the firm’s legitimate interest in prospecting new clients and managing existing client relationships,
- performance of its work: processing for the purpose of establishing, handling and following up on the client’s matter,
- compliance with its legal and regulatory obligations: processing for the purposes of billing, accounting, and meeting obligations to prevent money-laundering, corruption and terrorist financing.
Klimis Law only retains information for as long as necessary in view of the purposes for which the data has been collected, in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
In keeping with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of 14 April 2016, the French data protection law of 6 January 1978, and the Belgian law on the protection of individuals’ personal data, individuals whose data is processed have the right to access their data, as well as a right of data rectification, consultation, restriction, portability and erasure.
Individuals are also entitled to object at any time to marketing communications and, in light of their particular circumstances, to processing of their personal data that relies on the firm’s legitimate interest as its legal basis.
Individuals have the right to establish general and specific instructions to define how the above-mentioned rights are to be exercised after their death.
Not all cookies contain personal information. When they do, that information is processed in accordance with our Personal Data policy.
The website www.klimis-law.eu uses several types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies are essential to how the site operates and to the use of its functionalities. These cookies therefore cannot be declined when you visit the website.
- Analytics/performance cookies are used to gather information on how effective the website is in responding to user requests; the sole purpose is to improve functionality. Our site uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google that includes the following cookies:
_ga (Google Analytics): This cookie randomly generates a user ID for site visitors. It is used to calculate visitor session data for analytics reports. No personal data is collected. This cookie is stored for two years.
_gid (Google Analytics): The purpose of this cookie is to trace the user’s journey across the site for each session. It is stored for 24 hours.
_gat (Google Analytics): This cookie is used to regulate flow/throttle the request rate to limit data collection on high traffic sites. It is stored for 10 minutes.
Information obtained through cookies about your use of the website is usually forwarded to and stored on a Google server located in the United States. Since Klimis Law has activated IP anonymisation for this website, in EU Member States your IP address is abbreviated by Google beforehand. At the request of Klimis Law, Google uses this information to analyse your use of the website, compile reports on website activity, and provide other services related to site usage. The IP address your browser communicates to Google Analytics is not cross-referenced against any other Google data.
- Third party cookies: this website does not use any cookies stored by or on behalf of third parties.
You can block cookies by configuring your browser to reject some or all cookie settings (including strictly necessary cookies). Blocking cookies may partly or completely prevent you from accessing this website.
You can also delete cookies already stored in your browsing history by clicking on “delete browsing history” (Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox) or “clear browsing data” (Google Chrome) in the “Tools” or “Internet Options” menu item of your browser.